This is the one that most people ask me about. It’s gooey, rich and full of flavour. I started off with this Nigel Slater recipe and decided I could make it better…
- 300g golden caster sugar
- 250g butter
- 175g chocolate orange
- 100g plain chocolate
- 3 large eggs plus 1 extra egg yolk
- 60g flour
- 60g cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 80g mixed peel
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease a 23cm x 23cm baking tray.
- Break the chocolate into a bowl with the butter and melt together over a pan of simmering water, stirring constantly.
- When the chocolate and butter is fully melted, take off the heat, pour in the sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Sift togther the flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder. Add about a third to the chocolate mix and stir until combined. Add one of the eggs and mix in. Continue to add flour mix and egg until it is all incorporated.
- Add the mixed peel and stir gently. Try not to over mix.
- Pour into the baking tray and cook for 30-40 mins until the top is spongy but a skewer will come away with a little mixture still on it.
- Leave to cool then cut up and serve. These will last a few days and taste better on the second day.
2 thoughts on “My Famous Chocolate Orange Brownies”
Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe!
Pingback: Machynlleth Comedy Festival 2019 | Over hills and far away…